1 Large Eggplant
1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
2 Eggs (egg wash)
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
1 Pkg Italian Capellini Pasta
1 Jar Organic Marinara Sauce
Basil Leaves as garnish
1. Slice eggplant into 1/2″ rounds. Scramble two eggs into bowl to make egg wash. In a separate plate, pour all the breadcrumbs into it.
2. Dip each eggplant slice into egg wash, then cover eggplant slice entirely with breacrumbs.
3. On medium heat, fry 3-4 eggplants at a time in vegetable oil, 2 minutes on each side.
4. Line up all the fried eggplants in a casserole dish and spoon marinara sauce onto each eggplant. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese onto everything (be generous!) Bake at 400-degrees F for 5 minutes to melt cheese and heat up sauce. Remove from oven and set aside.
1. Boil pasta according to package (about 4 minutes). Drain pasta and immediately return to pot.
2. Pour the rest of the marinara sauce from jar into the pot and toss the pasta on low heat.
Serve pasta topped with eggplant. Garnish with basil leaves and more cheese!